Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Lisa and Frank's Wedding

This weekend was kind of big deal for me. Disclaimer: I in no way consider myself a wedding photographer. But as a favor for my dear mother in law (who has way too much faith in my skills), I photographed her friend's daughter's wedding. It was a thrilling challenge. I have so much respect for people who do this on the regular. What an art form. It was definitely a humbling experience for me. Lisa and Frank were so lovely and patient, though. My approach was kind of to just click away spastically for 5 hours and hope hope hope to catch some good stuff. And you know what? I did!
It taught me so much about myself and what I'm capable of. I'm so proud and at the same time, totally humbled. I have so much to learn.

I find that the advice I tell my kids when they're learning new things rings true for me in this situation, too: You only have to be brave for a few minutes... then the rest just kind of happens. I've been following that advice a lot the last few weeks.



Some shots from Lisa and Frank's wedding:











No comments:

Post a Comment