Sunday, May 31, 2015

Prom time (alternately titled, holy smokes do I feel old)!

Spring is in full bloom. And for many parents, it's a time to get sentimental. Their babies are getting ready to leave the nest, off into the great beyond. Maybe proms aren't so much a chance for kids to get dressed to the nines and party with their friends as they are for parents to get a glimpse of the grown-ups their children are on the verge of becoming.
Heather reached out to me to photograph her son and his date before their senior prom. The kids were a little apprehensive of a stranger with a camera shoved in their faces, but they loosened up after a few minutes. I only had to threaten breaking out the naked baby photos once.
Heather's son and his date were a delight to photograph. Even though it may not have been his choice to pose for a million photos, he still came out at the end and thanked me. And on a side note, I then watched him help a dad (whose house we infiltrated) clean up and put everything away. If a handful of the kids heading out into the world are as polite and helpful as I witnessed at this shoot, the world is being left in good hands.
Cheers to the class of 2015. I hope they had a night they'll remember forever.

Funny story. I was trying to get them to "pose-without-posing" and all of my pop culture references left them with blank faces. I said, picture the "OC or Gossip Girl or Beverly Hills 90210." Blank stares. About 72 grey hairs simultaneously popped out of my head. How and when did I become the person with out of date pop culture references?
Jokes aside, seriously people. Look at these kids. How adorable are they?

Read on for a few more shots from the night.








Can these beautiful kids even take a bad picture? The answer is NO.


No comments:

Post a Comment